View full invite here: Invitation to Attend SIMCOM 2014
ARES/RACES attendees sign-up HERE also.
Wisconsin Emergency Management (WEM) and Winnebago County, in conjunction with the Wisconsin National Guard – Joint Operations Center (WI-JOC), invite you to attend SIMCOM 2014 at the Sunnyview Expo Center, 500 East County Rd Y, Oshkosh, WI 54901, on May 15, 2014. The purpose of the SIMCOM (State Interoperable Mobile Communications) exercise is to educate, coordinate and test Mobile Emergency Communications platform capabilities from federal, state, tribal and local jurisdictions. Come to SIMCOM 2014 and share information about your mobile communications assets, develop relationships, and understand capabilities of other agencies before they are needed in an emergency or incident.
You are welcome to bring your equipment, or just come out and see what mobile communications platforms are available in response and recovery incidents. If you are planning to attend the event we ask that you reply to Jim Meilahn (WEM Warning and Communication Officer) at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information by 28 March 2014.
If you are planning to bring your unit, please reply with the following information:
- Special requirements for vehicle set up.
- The number of personnel that plan to attend, and a list of known participants.
- Please note that if your Communications vehicle was submitted in the past and there are no significant changes, you do not need to complete the SIMCOM 2014 data sheet. Please note in your reply that your information is current.
- If your communications vehicle information needs to be updated or you are a new participant, please complete the attached SIMCOM 2014 DATA SHEET slide, save it under your name and attach it to your reply.
If you are planning to attend, but not part of a communications platform, please reply with the following information:
- Special requirements.
- The number of personnel that plan to attend.
Participant Agencies will need to have an ESponder account to fully participate in the exercise. If you do not already have a registered ESponder account please register at the following: http://www.wiesponder.com/
We look forward to seeing you in May and thank you for your participation in making this a successful event.
Patrick J. O’Connor
Director, Bureau of Response and Recovery
Wisconsin Emergency Management